Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random pics of the day


Well, I decided that I needed proof that I'm actually here! I'm going to work on taking more pics now that I know my way around and feel a little safer...

As I mentioned, there was a World Cup game today: Netherlands vs. Uruguay. People here were very split. They didn't want Uruguay to win because they knocked Costa Rica out of the World Cup qualifier last fall, but at the same time, they wanted a win for the Americas. We at lunch at a soda (what they call cafes) next to the university, and the cook was obsessed with the Netherlands. He wanted them to win in the worst way! Naturally, he thought I was on his side because I happened to be wearing orange (their color). It was quite comical. I was so glad I witnessed Netherlands score so I could watch him react. There was screaming, jumping, running, throwing of the apron, and celebrating in the street (alone, but he was looking for someone else who was equally excited). His mother-in-law was cheering for Uruguay. Priceless.

There is a separate McDonald's for desserts in the mall, and it is very popular. Ridiculous. Can't escape the golden arches!

That's right. Hallmark in Spanish! I wanted to buy a card so badly, but the selection is rather limited. Perhaps another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment